Sunday, November 7, 2010

Kindle

I decided to buy a Kindle off Amazon.com.  I'd been resisting it for a good long while, because honestly, I love my pages, but a few things changed my mind:
  1. Personal files can be transferred directly from a laptop to a Kindle.  In other words, I no longer have to stay by my computer to read scripts and articles.
  2. Since it isn't backlit, the Kindle will be easier on my eyes than my computer screen.
  3. All texts in the public domain, even obscure and out-of-print ones are available for free on Kindle.  Greek classics, here we come!
  4. I will be able to switch between books with ease anywhere I go; I just hope I will be able to take it on an airplane.
It arrives in the mail tomorrow.  I'm anxious to try it out; I've already stocked my Amazon library with Greek tragedies and books of mythology.  To be sure, I am stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment